Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

How do you replace the lower chrome mouldings on the back

Customer Question

how do you replace the lower chrome mouldings on the back glass of a 66 t-bird?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
In some cases the moldings will be glued in with the window itself to where the glue needs cut to remove these and then some of the glue removed and new glue added when the moldings are installed.If this is not how yours is set up here let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think glue was the answer. I knew clips were involved somehow by talking to some of the parts suppliers, but they could not tell me how it attached. So out of desperation, I noticed the clips had a notch in the center as probably how they attached to the car. I then found raised pins, equally spaced, under the window that fit the notches. The one piece of moulding fit into the clips once installed. The other piece fits under this piece with seemingly tabs that stick in a slit in the body, but not securely. I'm missing something.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will have to open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete