Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 1953 Plymouth Belvedere. Std with OD.The original 6

Customer Question

Hi there;
I have a 1953 Plymouth Belvedere. Std with OD.The original 6 Cyl engine still resides under the hood, 66K mi.
It starts and runs great. Difficulty is met when trying to start WARM
engine. I've been advised by antique Svengali's at car shows and done the following: Rebuilt carb, fuel pump, installed in-line fuel filter, checked plus and points. All to no avail. It turns over multiple times and when it does (hopefully) start it sputters and then smooths out. Scares me it won't start at all one of these days.
This is considered to be a #2 car .. no piece of what cha call.
I give up!
Jeremiah
Millbury, Massachusetts
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
On some models there is a sock filter attached to the fuel inlet line in the fuel tank.If this restricts (which does occur over time) this will cause this needing replaced.I would check and see if there is a restriction in the tank causing lack of fuel causing this issue here.
Thanks Pete