Ron, Classic Car Technician
Experience:  35 yrs. experience as an automotive technician.
7276279

Need to know what the three original colored wires are that

Customer Question

need to know what the three original colored wires are that go to the distributor on my 1975 f250 460 XLT so I can hook up my new after market distributor with black, yellow, red wires, can you help me with that
Category: Classic Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also with my new coil springs in the front end, after my alignment I have a positive 2 camber on both sides that really looks goofy, and with all new suspension and new tires, ufta !, do I need to extend the I beam mounts down to compensate?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I have enclosed the ignition wiring diagram for your 1975 in the link below, the distributor pick up wire are orange, black and purple. See the diagram in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Igntion%20wiring%20Aug%206.pdf
The original way to adjust camber on the old 1975 was done by bending the I-beams. Im not sure if you will find any alignment shops that can do this for you anymore due to the age of the truck. If you can devise a way to lower the I-beams that would likely work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** helped me make sure I got it right the first time, and yes I found a shop that can bend the beams right on the truck, thanks again!
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome and thank you as well, Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.
Thank you again.