Jim Barlogio
Jim Barlogio, Technician
Experience:  38 Years Domestic and Foreign AAA Aproved Shop Owner
16094637

Chevrolet C20 Fleetside: I just picked up a 1966 Chevy C20

Customer Question

I just picked up a 1966 Chevy C20 fleetside. Drove home fine on Monday and yesterday will not start
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Jim Barlogio replied 1 year ago.
Hi maybe I can help.. Will it crank and not fire? Or not even crank ..If it cranks of we have lost fuel or spark... Or too much fuel.. Take the air cleaner off and open the throttle a few times see if you are getting a fuel squirt from the accel pump .. If so, then pull of a spark plug wire- insert a screw driver in the end and hold it about an inch away from the engine block and have someone crank it over. You should see blue spark if not then you have an ignition problem. Not sure if you have points or if someone may have converted it over to electronic ignition . If you have no fuel then eed to see if you are getting fuel to the carb. You can also add propane to the intake .. this would take a fitting on top of the propane bottle that has an 5/16" or so fitting with a on off valve... Then we just hook up a piece of vacuum hose the the fitting and lay the other end in the throttle plate.. I can check back .. Jim B
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I will try that when I get home tonight. It does turn over, but won't catch. I had a feeling it might be a fuel problem. It doesn't smell like it's flooding.
Ok I will check back either tonight on in am.. Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I had an emergency last night and was not able to mess with the vehicle.
That is no problem at all. Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it going! Thanks for your help. It wasn't getting enough fuel.
Good to know .. glad I could help.. Jim
Please remember to accept so I can get credit for my answer..
Thank You .. Jim