Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

Chevrolet 70 series truck: I have a 1984 70 series truck with

Customer Question

I have a 1984 70 series truck with what I think is a 427 CI engine with holly 4bbl carburetor (vin# *****) After sitting for a long period of time it started to run quite rough. I traced the problem to bad fuel. I had the carburetor rebuilt, new fuel pump, replaced all fuel lines and fuel filters, removed the tank and cleaned it as best I could. I cannot get it to run without the aid of starting fluid. I am not sure where to go next. I have considered an electric fuel pump, what are your thoughts?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youwhen you give it throttle,,can you see fuel squirt into the carb through the squirters of the carb?
does it run well after it starts?