Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

On a 1959 fairlaine what would be the best method to mount

Customer Question

on a 1959 fairlaine what would be the best method to mount a 302 v8? Is welding the answer, if so how do you align the mounts so that the engine is centered, or is there an adapter bolt on process?. the car currently has a 223 straight 6 and has side motor mounts.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.Type or copy & paste this URL into your browser:http://www.butchscoolstuff.com/57-59-ford-orig-6cyl-car-ranchero-wagon-sd-ford-eng-kit-2510cpb/You can also contact them & discuss what would work best(###) ###-####r Send an email at***@******.*** you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that looks like it should work, how about the trans mounts for the t5 mustang trans in the same fairlane?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot seem to find anything on it. I certainly like items that do not require modifying the car like the motor mounts listed.
.
You need to contact Butch's & tell them what you have planned.....
The Transmission Mount would be likely the same Mount that came in the same year the T5 was, as the Transmission Mount will be a fabricated Metal strip from frame to frame & the actual Rubber Mount will be the T5 Mount
.
.
IF you do not trust a "ready made" set up, then many Weld / Metal Fabricating Shops can do this, although a little pricey.....
I have a 1940 Ford Truck that I had a Fabricator make 351C Mounts & C6 Trans Mount..........
.'