Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

350 sl: I have a 90 yr old father that has 72 350 sl mercedes

Customer Question

I have a 90 yr old father that has 72 350 sl mercedes and the car starts up sometimes but then he will take it out somewhere and then it wont.It turns over great but wont start.Ignition switch ?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
hello, can you give me the vin, i want to make sure you have the electronic fuel injection version before we proceed, sorry i did not see your question sooner, i have personal experience in this model and believe i can help, let me know, Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vin# ***** I have an idea what it is Lou,but what is your thoughts?I think its the rubber diaphrams in CIS system.Need to be rebuilt.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
i think if it was the diaphrams the car would still start but run bad, i would like if you could to check to make sure first if the fuel pump is actually buzzing.