Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Classic car expert
Experience:  35 years experience Foreign and Domestic
2617050

Are rim blow horn kits available 1970 Oldsmobile Toronado?

Customer Question

Are rim blow horn kits available for a 1970 Oldsmobile Toronado? or can they be repaired? Thanks.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
Can you describe what a "rim blow" horn is? I have never heard horns called that and i'm curious. I am suspecting it's some type of air horn....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The term was given to me by two different steering wheel restorers. Not an air horn, but electrical horn mechanism that is actuated by depressing a rubber/vinyl liner on the inside of the steering wheel. Ones fingers could honk the horn from a large portion of steering wheels inner circumference. Apparently besides some GM cars, older Mustangs and other cars of that era had this type of method to blow/honk the horn. If you can't help a reference would be appreciated. Mike V.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Now it makes total sense and i know exactly what you meant!
There are no kits that i am aware of only finding a used one somewhere and that might be tough so i will open your question up for others in case they can source it for you.
Good luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** any information you can come up with on this matter. Best Regards, ***** *****
I did some digging and came up with one out of Tulsa. go to www.car-part.com and fill in the info and it will come up. It has his number to call and see if it has the rim horn.
LJ