Ron, Classic Car Technician
Experience:  35 yrs. experience as an automotive technician.
7276279

Pontiac firebird: i need a new engine 1986 Pontiac firebird

Customer Question

i need a new engine for my 1986 Pontiac firebird trans am it has a 305 small block in It that is completely screwed I just need to know what will fit
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Any small block 305 and or 350 from 1986 to 1988 will bolt in and fit. That being said there may be some wiring and connection concerns if you switch to a 350. You would be best served to consider replacing your 305 with a long block remanufactured engine to avoid having to make any modifications.