Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 1970 cadillac deville with msd coil, distributer and

Customer Question

I have a 1970 cadillac deville with msd coil, distributer and ignition. 2 weeks ago i installed a aftermarker fuel gauge. yesterday my GEN light comes on and stays. my gauge/TRANS fuse keeps blowing everytime i start the vehicle.. where do i start?
Category: Classic Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Check the wiring to the alternator and make sure no wiring is found damaged or shorted in any way.If an issue is found with the wiring this will need to be repaired to correct this fault here.If the wiring is o.k. I would have the alternator/generator tested to see if it is shorting out internally causing these issues and if a fault is found it will need to be replaced.
Thanks Pete