Lou P.
Lou P., Technician
Experience:  I currently own a 1969 and 1972 CAMARO and have 15+ years of training and knowledge!!!!
27644750

450SL: My 1975 Mercedes 450SL won't idle at certain times.

Customer Question

My 1975 Mercedes 450SL won't idle at certain times. When it gets hot the RPMS go down to 5000 and it kills.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Most causes for this issue is the idle air control valve. If you can pinch off the hoses when this happens and it stays running that will tell you the valve has failed. It is the metal cylinder looking thing just to the right front of the intake with a 2 pin connector on it and two rubber hoses. The hoses may be extremely hard depending on age but this is the valve that causes issues. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.