Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Volkswagen Bug: I have a 79 VW Bug. 2nd time it won't

Customer Question

I have a 79 VW Bug. For the 2nd time it won't start after driving for a while then stopping. Lights turn on. Won't turn over at all. I tried pushing backwards in 3rd gear thinking starter was hammed. No luck. Last time it just started after about a half hour. Any thoughts
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
In allot of cases the electronic ignition/starter switch itself can fail or act up intermittently electronically like this here and cause this fault.I have seen this switch fail several times before and can cause this issue.
If you have not had this switch tested/checked at all this needs done to see if this is the cause and replaced if found to be at fault.
Thanks Pete