Randy
Randy, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  I have 25 Years as Automotive Technician
62741268

Rolls Royce Silver Spur II: A 1994 ROLLS ROYCE SILVER SPURII

Customer Question

A 1994 ROLLS ROYCE SILVER SPURII RECENTLY, FOR NO APPARENT REASON, BEGAN TO RUN HOT, THOUGH IT DID NOT PEG THE TEMP METER. WHEN EXAMINED, THE OIL WAS SMOKING HOT AND VERY BLACK IN COLOR. WHAT IS THE MOST LIKELY CAUSE?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified automotive professional with over 25 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
This sounds like a failure with the cooling system circuit. Check the operation of the engine cooling fan at normal operating temperature to be sure the fan is operating properly. If the fan is not coming on properly check the Cooling Fan relay in the fuse/relay box.
You will also need to check the coolant level in the radiator to be sure the level is correct.