Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Jaguar XKE: How do i remove the tach from a 73 xke 2+2 ? Please

Customer Question

How do i remove the tach from a 73 xke 2+2 ? Please keep the answer as simple as possible.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Welcome to our site. The tach is held in by two thumb nuts on the back. Just about impossible to see but you can feel them. So as not to cause a short, it is recommended that you disconnect the negative battery cable first.Two threaded studs on the tach case point toward the front of the car; they have large knurled thumb nuts that can be felt. Just unscrew both nuts, one on each side and then push the instrument out of the dash. As you push the tach out of the dash you will be the able to disconnect the wiring - take note where to connect each back again. It is a good idea to put a piece of tape on each wire and mark it as to where it goes.There may me a black wire terminal on one of the mounting studs too. The mounting bracket or brackets will fall out also after the nuts are removed, some have star lock washers on them so be sure to catch all of that. Kindly accept and rate my answer now if you think the information I've provided has helped you solve your issue. Otherwise, please reply. Best Regards
Hi again. Just checking to see if the information I provided helped you solve your issue. If it did, then kindly accept and rate my answer now. If it didn't, please reply so we can keep working.
Best Regards.