Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

C: 1966 t-bird backup lights wiring location under hood

Customer Question

1966 t-bird backup lights wiring location under hood
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background, and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time.
It has been a few years since I dealt with one of these. I remember the earlier models had the backup light switch on the steering column. The 66 model has a combined neutral safety switch/backup light switch mounted to the transmission. What I will do is to go to the transmission locate the neutral safety switch/backup light switch near the shift linkage and follow the wires route. If you have any more questions at all, I am here to help. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer.
I do not get paid for my work unless you rate at 3 to 5 Smiley Faces or Stars, a bonus is always greatly appreciated. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will be happy to assist you further.