Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.

Oldsmobile: i have a engine that im tring to find a used distributor

i have a engine that im tring to find a used distributor for its a 455 olds mid 70s what other engines will the distributors inter change

Dr. Hamman :

Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background, and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time.

You are in luck, all V8 1964 to 1990 Olds distributors interchange, regardless of engine size, only difference is the roller cam motors use a special distributor gear, because the roller cams are steel, and all other cams are cast iron. There is a place that is overstocked on new HEI Oldsmodile V8 distributors, they are $49 with free shipping, you could do a lot worse. LOL. I will post a link HERE for that source. Go over all of this and if you have any more questions at all, I am here to help. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I do not get paid for my work unless you rate at 3 to 5 Smiley Faces or Stars, a bonus is always greatly appreciated. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will be happy to assist you further.