Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

Ford E300 Econoline: I have a 1969 Ford E-300 Muscle Van. What

I have a 1969 Ford E-300 Muscle Van. What the resale value.Its the long wheel base, windows in rear doors,side doors no windows.Large pull out tool box drawer out rear door, custom swivel captain chairs,rear full size bed, full bench seat just ahead of bed. It has duel batteries w/painless wireing 250 amp. isolator,160amp MSD alternator,front and rear aftermarket A/C, CBR custom aluminum radiator,Performance Automatic 1000HP C-4 trans,45,000 BTU stacked trans cooler,Gear Vender OD,Dana 60 diff.W/posi.,408CI Blueprint Stroker W/ Aluminum heads. Engine was dyno'd @ 425HP,435Ft.Lbs torque. Engine and trans have only 250 miles on them.Paint is candy apple red. Has 4 wheel flairs.Chrome reversed wheels,P295/50R15 rear tires, P265/50R15 in front. Spoiler under front bumper,Holley 750, Edelbrock Air Gap Performer RPM manifold.,Hooker Super Comp. headers, 2 1/2 exhaust w/ Flowmaster 40's.Fresh Air intake,39,000BTU engine oil cooler. No power steering or brakes but steers and stops good. Rebuilt front suspension.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 12 months ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 12 months ago.
Is this something you own, or is it something you are looking at to buy.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I have owned this van since 1972

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I have owned this van since 1972. I am a retired Ford transmission tech, factory trained. I have done all the work myself. I built the trans but the engine is a Blueprint Engine crate motor.

Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background, and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time.

That is a pretty unique combination, you have to be a real motor head to appreciate it, I love it. It is real hard to put a value on, because it is a unique setup. Years ago I wound up with a short school bus with a blown 502 big block Chevy in it. To the average person that couldn’t appreciate a blown big block in a hot rod it was the ultimate red herring, but many motor heads could appreciate it, still most of them wouldn’t put out any money for it. Until one day, some one saw it that had deep pockets, and wanted it. They offered me twice what I realistically thought it was worth, and it was sold.

Any way so what is it worth, to many not much, that inst what you want to hear. To motor heads that don’t fully appreciate it, it is worth a lot more, basically because of the value of all the goodies. Then to the few it is worth a lot more the people that can truly appreciate a hot van. So the crowd you need to pay attention to, are the ones that can enjoy a hot van. Cosmetics are real important when it comes to it's value, and I don’t know all the particulars there. It sounds like it is pretty sharp. All things considered it should bring, 10 to 15K, to the right buyer. That being said at an auction you would probably take a beating. It is the type of vehicle that you would want to put up where it could be seen nation wide, to sell it if you decided to sell it. Places like ebay, or the autotrader would be good choices.
Go over all of this and if you have any more questions at all, I am here to help. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I do not get paid for my work unless you rate at 3 to 5 Smiley Faces or Stars, a bonus is always greatly appreciated. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience: I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.