Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

Daimler Conquest Roadster: I am planning to invest in a 1953

I am planning to invest in a 1953 Daimler. It will be in the OC, in California.

Is there a mechanic that I should trust if I do? Or a place where I can research and find one?

Appreciate the advice....

DR. Hamman :

The best place to locate one of these is in the UK, they are exceedingly rare in the US. As far as a mechanic, I dont believe you will find anyone in the US that specializes in them. The Mercedes classic centermay be a resource for repairs, you would have to inquire. From memory, I believe the roadster debuted at an auto show in 53 but wasn't available for sale until 1954, so keep that in mind as you search for one. Also the production numbers were obscenely low on the Conquest Roadster model, I haven't seen one outside a museum in the last 20 years, so it might be an exceedingly hard to find automobile. Go over all of this and if you have any more questions at all, I am here to help. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I do not get paid for my work unless you rate at 3 to 5 Smiley Faces or Stars, a bonus is always greatly appreciated. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Customer:

DR Hamman - Thank you for your prompt response. I still have a couple of QQs....

DR. Hamman :

What can I help you with.