ASEMaster35yrs
ASEMaster35yrs, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master Auto tech since 1972,I own a 65 mustang and have built a 57 ford race car from the bottom up
10832065

Oldsmobile 98: Where is the expansion valve located in a 67

Where is the expansion valve located in a 67 olds 98? Do u have a diagram of its location?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  ASEMaster35yrs replied 1 year ago.

ASEMaster35yrs :

The expansion valve is located at the evaporator inlet, under dash close to firewall.

Full Size Image

ASEMaster35yrs :

Sorry I don't have a diagram but I am looking for one. If you follow the small diameter a/c pressure line to the evaporator, you'll find it at the evaporator core.

ASEMaster35yrs :

follow the line from receiver/drier to evaporator.

ASEMaster35yrs :

I found a link that will help you:

HEATER AND AIR CONDITIONER - The Old Car Manual Project

ASEMaster35yrs :

This link has diagrams.

ASEMaster35yrs :

Ok, I found a diagram and you should be able to access the expansion valve on engine side at the evaporator box.

Full Size Image

Customer: Thanks for the info. very very helpful!!
ASEMaster35yrs :

You're welcome

ASEMaster35yrs :

The link HEATER AND AIR CONDITIONER - The Old Car Manual Project has a lot of information in it. Don't forget to rate my answer.

ASEMaster35yrs :

I'm switching to Q&A format in case you have more questions.

ASEMaster35yrs, Master Auto Tech
Experience: Master Auto tech since 1972,I own a 65 mustang and have built a 57 ford race car from the bottom up
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Let me know if you need more help.
Thank you for your excellent feedback & bonus. Thank you for using just answer.