jazzmaster
jazzmaster, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience
8668911

1975 Corvette convertable Corvet: Cant open the door on my

Can't open the door on my 1975 vet due to jammed doorlatch

hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you .

this is a common problem,what you need to do is spray the lattch assembly inside the door with PB blaster ,really spray it good and let it sit for a good hour or so.

the linkage needs to be or try to be moved a little with a long screwdriver or something that will reach the latch assembly .

actually what has happened is the lock /unlock lever is stuck in between the lock/unlock position ,there is a short lever on the latch assmbly that also needs to be moved back and forth a little at a time ,once that is moving dont move the inside or outside latch to open the door .

the lock/unlock latch will eventually will move enough to then use either the inside or outside open latch.

you may have to keep spraying the latch assembly inside the door and letting it sit for about an hour or so ..but the latch will eventually move .

....jazzmaster ...