Dale Stockstill
Dale Stockstill, Automotive Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  40+ years as a technical expert, especially Corvettes.
19741685

need price on a 1933 chevy pickup, not restored and a price

Customer Question

need price on a 1933 chevy pickup, not restored and a price on a 1927 model t frame.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Dale Stockstill replied 2 years ago.

My name isXXXXX be honest when they are that old it really depends on the condition and finding the right buyer that the vehicle presents some value to.

I (and everyone else) is going to need to know the condition of the truck, (engine runs?, interior, body rust, etc.) before anyone can really make a fair offer.

Have a Blessed & Productive DAy !

Sincerely,

Dale

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dale, need time to take pictures and get other info for you. I plan on doing it this week.

Glen

Dear Glen,

If you need help uploading the pictures just contact Customer Service and they will help you get them posted here on the site.

Sincerely,

Dale

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
graphic

Well Hello & Merry Christmas Glen,

I had completely forgot about the Chevy Truck. He looks pretty rough so I am not sure exactly what it would be worth. Is there any interior in it? Or is that all gone? Also where is the truck. I do not need the exact location but at least the state it's in. The top two pictures did not come through 1 picture at the bottom did. The best advice I can off you would be to place and classified ad on some old Chevy pickup sites and see what kind of an offer you might get. Do you have a title to it? How long has it been setting there and what all do you think has been take off of it?

Could you give me some history on it and whether you have ever seen it run. That would help. I cannot tell from the one picture if it has the transmission and differential in it or not. So, give me more details and then maybe I can give you some ideas about how to find a buyer.

What do you think it's worth? I know that was you question and I will do some research to see what I can find out but I am wondering what kind of a number you have in mind. The key to the truck is whether there is enough there to restore it or whether someone that might be rebuilding another would use it for parts.

So, a lot of questions. Let me know and then we can go from there.

Sincerely,

Dale

Thanks for the other Picture Glen,

I am going to print these and any other pictures you send and take them to a couple of buddies that do this kind of work and see what they think it's worth as well. So send me maybe an interior shot and a rear shot. Do you know if the hood grille is laying around there some where.

The model "T" frame would be nice to see what condition and how much rust that has on it,

Sincerely,

Dale

Dear Glen,

Would you be so kind as to answer the questions I have asked you?

#1- Is there any interior in it? Or is that all gone? Also where is the truck. I do not need the exact location but at least the state it's in?

#2- Do you have a title to it? How long has it been setting there and what all do you think has been take off of it?

# XXXXX Could you give me some history on it and whether you have ever seen it run?

# XXXXX I cannot tell from the one picture if it has the transmission and differential in it or not?

# XXXXX What do you think it's worth? I know that was you question and I will do some research to see what I can find out but I am wondering what kind of a number you have in mind ?

When I talk to these fellows that do these type of restorations and show them the 2 pictures that you have sent (invariably) these questions come up and I cannot tell these guys unless you tell me. So if you are serious about selling the old truck please give me something to work with so I can help you.

Merry Christmas,

Sincerely,

Dale

I might be able to give you a range, now that I have talked to a few people if you will answer the questions.

Dale

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
graphicgraphicgraphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

•1- Is there any interior in it? Or is that all gone? Also where is the truck. I do not need the exact location but at least the state it's in?

Has interior, Pine Bluffs wyo.

No title, 70 years, has not been used for parts

It was my dads, I have not seen it run

Has both

Don't know

Thanks very much for the pictures Glen. A couple of the guys have told me to check with Hemmings Motor Cars, which I plan to do. Thanks for doing your Best to answer my questions. I will be contacting all these guys that are in this game for you to try and get some kind of an idea what it is worth. I have had 3 out of 5 guys tell me to check the floor boards and interior for wood decay. I guess one of the big concerns is that if this particular model used wood ( I realize they did in the bed of the truck) in the floorboards, etc. that takes away from the value because of the expense of restoring all the wood either with replacement wood or metal. So, now that I have some thing to go on I will do my Best Glen to get you an idea of a fair market value asking price, as soon as possible.

Happy Holiday Season to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Dale

PS- I am in Amarillo Texas, so I figure that's about 1,000 miles round trip to come and get the truck. I personally really like the truck and can see some real possiblities for it. I would keep it stock with the little 4 cylinder engine and restore it (as best I could to the way your Dad had it many years ago.

One other thought would be to list the truck on E-Bay and just see what kind of Bids you got on it.

Dale

Experience: 40+ years as a technical expert, especially Corvettes.

Dear Glen,

I have had guys that are in the game tell me that the truck is worth anywhere from $ 250.00 to about $ 900.00 depending on the condition, the amount of rust and rot damage. Of course value is in the eyes of the beholder. So,if you will send me a phone number I will try to get the word out that the truck is for sale or (if the sife will let me) and we can come to an agreement I will come aget it myself. I am on a fixed income and I am sure you want to get all you can out of it. So I might not be able to get it. One thing, if I did purchase it I would restore it something like this:

Dale

PS- As far as the Model T-Frame, I really have no idea Glen.

Dear Glen,

Please respond before your question times out. J/A only holds a question for a certaain amount of time.

Happy New Year,

Sincerely,

Dale

Dear Glen,

I talked to the wife about the truck and she said it's fine with her. So all we have to do is come to an agreement on the price and then set a time for me to come get it. I need to know if you have the wheels, hood and/or any misc. parts that go with the truck? I would like the approximate width and length. Also, do you have a tractor or fork lift to pick the truck up? Just let me know before this post expires.

Happy New Year,

Dale

Dear Glen,

I would appreciate it if you would accept my answer after all the research i did for you. I think you know I really want the truck but if you are planning to sell it to someone else or have decided not to sell it please let me know so I can look else where for a vehicle to restore. You can reach me at(NNN) NNN-NNNNin Amarillo.

Happy New Year,

Sincerely,

Dale

Dear Glen,

Well it has been 5 days since you responded so I take it that you are not interested in selling the Chevy to me. I would appreciate knowing so if that is in fact true I can look elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Dale

Dear Glen,

Sincerely,

Dale

Thanks for accepting my answer Glen,

I will just wait to hear from you at your convenience.

Have a Blessed & Happy New Year,

Sincerely,

Dale

PS- If you would like to contact me directly in the future, just go to: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=19741685&FID=0

You can save this address or bookmark it into you computer for future reference. Please use my name "Dale" in the question line so the question will come directly to me.