ASEMaster35yrs
ASEMaster35yrs, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master Auto tech since 1972,I own a 65 mustang and have built a 57 ford race car from the bottom up

i have a 78 gm 250 straight 6 with the intergrated head i have

Customer Question

i have a 78 gm 250 straight 6 with the intergrated head i have all the numbers off the block,head,intake,and exhaust manifold.and i still cant find info like hp tourq and all the engine specs for this motor. i want to know what car the motor was origonaly in.please help ive searched the net for weeks and cant find any results on my engine.driverside of block numbers r 80 3483 the casting #s on the pass.side from left to right con2 c222 473483 GM78 head# XXXXX XXXXX 5488 intake#s r 14015499 c222 exhaust mani# XXXXX XXXXX any information would be extremly helpfull my email XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX thank u so much Roger Hohmann
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  ASEMaster35yrs replied 4 years ago.
What is the number just rear of distributor on block?

The engine came out of a chevrolet passenger car

250

250: 3.875x3.53 bore & stroke

firing order
1-5-3-6-2-4

The stroked 250 version produced 155 hp (116 kW) for Chevrolet and GMC. Between 1975 - 1984, an integrated cylinder head was produced, with one-barrel intakes for passenger cars, and two-barrel intakes for trucks after 1978.
Passenger car use of the 250-cubic-inch (4.1 L) engine was discontinued after the 1979

This engine was used on the following vehicles:
1966-1984 Chevrolet (passenger cars to 1979, trucks/vans to 1984)

1968-1979 Chevrolet Camaro

L22
The L22 was a 250-cubic-inch (4.1 L) I6 engine produced from 1967 to 1979. The ‘78 Camaro had 105 horsepower (78 kW) and 190 ft·lbf (260 N·m) of torque with the 250.

LD4
The LD4 was a 250-cubic-inch (4.1 L) I6 engine produced strictly in 1978.

What specs do you need?

graphic

List the numbers stamped on the pad behind the distributor, and the casting numbers near the back of the block on that side.

Edited by ASEMaster35yrs on 4/8/2010 at 9:39 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i am very dissatisfied i already have all the info u provided and more i have already done extensive reserch on my engine. u awnsered that my motor came out out of a passenger car, which is incorrect passenger cars came with one barrle carbs and trucks came stock with 2 barell carbs in the years my motor is covered in. i know it had to come out of a truck or boat. and my question was spicific i wanted to know what car, truck, or boat, my engine originaly came out of when it rolled off the factory line.
You did not tell me the number behind the distributor on the pad, the block casting number you listed is incomplete and since you already know it came out of a truck, why are you asking what it came out of? I will opt out and open it up for someone else.