Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.

1963 Lincoln Continental: relay..the right front splash shield

I own a 1963 Lincoln Continental. All the windows failed and I've been told that the likely culprit is the Window safety relay. It was old to me that it is located behind the right front splash shield outside of the power box. I followed the trail and removed the shield only to find the back of the power box and no relay. Any other suggestions as to the location of this relay? Where was it installed on say a 1962 L/C?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 7 years ago.

Hi, I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. I don't know if you are a pro or a novice so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answer will be based on what you have posted. Feel free to add any additional info you feel is needed.

It has been 25 years since I have touched one of these. I think it is behind the glove box. I would check to see if there was power to the window switch, and look at the color codes. If the relays you found behind the glove box have the same color code this will help you to narrow it down. From that point you could do a continuity test to confirm if you had the correct relay. I have a link I can give you that has factory wiring diagrams for your car. This could possibly help. If you have any more questions I am here to help. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

57-65 Lincoln Wiring Diagrams

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.