ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with classic vehicles. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259

I need the diagram for a distributor cap and plugs .

Customer Question

i need the diagram for a distributor cap and plugs . or firing engine order for a1964 pontiac bonniville 389 engine
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and than kyou for choosing Just Answer!

Here is the firing order for your engine... You will want to make sure the #1 cylinder is brought to TDC on compression stroke, and that the rotor is pointing to the correct terminal on the distributor cap... Copuld actually point to any terminal you want it to, as long as that is the one that you run to the #1 cylinder.

Pontiac V8

265, 301, 307*, 326, 350, 389, 400, 421, 428, 455

Firing Order

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

Cylinder Numbering Distributor Rotation

Rotor Under Cap Spins:

Counter

Clockwise

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what order does it the rotator 1thru 8

You must have missed it...

The order around the top of the cap is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

counter-clockwise

Laughing

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where does 1start and 2 end on rotor cap?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where do i start with # XXXXX or can you just put the #s on the dia gram of the rotor cap?
Again... From the first reply:

You will want to make sure the #1 cylinder is brought to TDC on compression stroke, and that the rotor is pointing to the correct terminal on the distributor cap (this means TAKE the distributor cap off the engine and LOOK at where the rotor is pointing)... Could actually point to any terminal you want it to, as long as that is the one that you run to the #1 cylinder.