charlie1, Technician
Experience:  30+yrs in the trade. shop owner ,race,custom car builder.Also exp. in auto restoration

are the 55-56-57 thunderbird 3 speed standard ...

Customer Question

are the 55-56-57 thunderbird 3 speed standard transmissions the same? are they the same for the 292 and 312 eng?also is the 3 speed standard with overdrive the same transmission for 56-57 thunderbird?   thanks dick
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  charlie1 replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer As far as I can remember both the 3 speed and the overdrive transfor 292&312 eng are interchangable in all 3 years.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hi i guess i should be more specific are 55-56-57 tbird 3 speed trans identical with the same casting numbers?are they the same for the 292 and 312 eng. also are the tbird 3 speed with overdrive trans identical for the 56-57 tbird?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks dick
Expert:  charlie1 replied 8 years ago.
Hi dte Well that might make a big differance . To be honest with you I'm not sure about that being as I lean more to the bowtie brand. But I will research it a little and try to find you an answer .