sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have an 08 Pt. Cruiser w/80 k mi. after starting and

I have an 08 Pt. Cruiser w/80 k mi. after starting and running 1\2 mi. or so it starts bucking and running rough, I let off the accelerator and it settles down but not much power, also the "check engine" lite is on, code issue right?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The engine light is coming on because the powertrain control module has seen a failure and set a fault code. There are dozens of things that can cause the engine light to turn on and it will require some testing to determine what is causing your issue. I suspect that you may have a bad upstream oxygen sensor.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see what fault codes are setting and then testing can be done from there. Have you read the codes?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is not something I can deal with at home I will take it to a Chrysler dealer and can get taken care of there. Thanks for the help.***@******.***