Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I accidentally had something in the way when closing the

I accidentally had something in the way when closing the life gate on my 09 T&A now it just clicks 3 times and does nothing. No open or close. I checked the J2 fuse and it looks good. It works manually. Do you have any ideas?

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

It very likely set some codes in the Power Liftgate Module, and unless you have a scantool I would just disconnect the battery for 10 min and reconnect and see if the doors works properly..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Disconnected the battery for 15 minutes, no change. The first click unlocks it, then 2 more clicks and nothing.

It could be a bad latch, the next step will be to see what codes is has with a scantool... Can you post the codes here if you get them?.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I get a scantool?

Well you could run by any parts store and see if they can retrieve coded from the PLGM, but just so you know the cheap code readers will not retrieve code from the PLGM... If you can get the codes post them here so I can help you get it fixed...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried 2 auto part stotes. One store hooked me up but there were no codes that came up. The other store said they don't touch cars. Do you know any national brand stores that may have a scantool that can read the PGA codes. I'm in FL.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My phone keeps auto correcting me. PLGM.

If you can't find anyone with a scantool then you will need to have a shop read the codes for you.. Post them here when you get them..