Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 1993 Chrysler if i purchase, sorry, i pressed send

i have a 1993 Chrysler if i purchase
JA: What is the model of your '93 Chrysler?
Customer: sorry, i pressed send too soon. its a 97 town & country minivan. i had a key w/ 5 button remote access & LOST it. can i purchas a key from u & pprofram it myself, even if i dont have the origional key? thanks! karen
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: lost, been gone for 3 months!
JA: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive done nothing yet, but have a heart attack when the dealer quoted me $250!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no - just SOS - PLZ HELP!!!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

sorry.......Just Answer does NOT sell Products, we just supply info
You can locate a Factory Remote On-Line, E-Bay, Amazon, etc
.
Here is Programming:
You have to have a "WORKING REMOTE" to Program another Factory Remote, otherwise Dealer has to Program

Using a functional key fob transmitter, unlock the vehicle and disarm the Vehicle Theft Security System.
Insert ignition key into the ignition switch.
Turn the ignition switch to RUN position with- out starting engine.
Using a functional key fob transmitter, press and hold the UNLOCK button for a minimum 4 seconds (maximum 10 seconds).
While holding UNLOCK button, and before 10 seconds passes, press and release the PANIC button. A single chime will sound to verify that the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE ) module is set to receive the new Vehicle Access Code(s).
Within 30 seconds of the chime, press any button on each new key fob transmitter. After 30 seconds or when ignition switch is turned OFF , the RKE module will end the programming mode. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module will no longer receive additional Vehicle Access Code(s).
When Vehicle Access Code(s) programming is complete, turn Ignition Switch to the OFF position and verify RKE system operation using each key fob.
NOTE: Only the primary (first two) key fob transmitters will operate the memory seat and mirror systems. If a primary key fob is being replaced, the memory seat and mirror module will require programming. Refer to Power Seats for proper (data link) programming procedure.

.

.

hello?

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.
Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was under the impression that I could get a basic ket w/ a chip to use as the key w/ buttons set up? Also, can I buy the key or keys) w/out havin to fork out ! Any chance Crsyler would let me but both and save $287? Together it could save a lot of $ thanks. I look forward to hearing from u! KarenvBach

Your original question was:

can i purchas a key from u & pprofram it myself, even if i dont have the origional key? thanks! karen

.

IF you don not have a Programmed Key to Program the New one, then you would need Dealer to Program with Dealer Scan Tool
"You cannot Program New one, without a working one"

.

I was under the impression that I could get a basic ket w/ a chip to use as the key w/ buttons set up? Also, can I buy the key or keys) w/out havin to fork out ! Any chance Crsyler would let me but both and save $287?
???

.

Has to be New, as used from another vehicle will not work
Key can be cut & used to Manually Lock & Unlock, but Transmitter has to be Programmed

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Excellent & timely. Saved from making a costly & time consuming mistake! Thanks! Karen

Thank You

Please rate me using the Rating Page on your side