Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

1. Only cold air blows out and no heat. 2. When car is

Customer Question

1. Only cold air blows out and no heat. 2. When car is warmed up, warm sure comes out for a couple of seconds 3. My radiator was flushed out. 4. Thermostat seems to be working out good 5. I was told that it was the blend door. Any ideas?
JA: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2007 300
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Flushed system out, thermostat was checked, i plan to fix on my own after watching a blend door replacement video on YouTube since it appears to be breast the gas pedal
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: None
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On number 2, meant'warm air' comes out
Expert:  bill replied 1 month ago.

before you decide it's a blend door you should first be sure the heater core isn't plugged and is getting full coolant flow, BOTH heater hoses at the core MUST BE HOT as in around 200 degrees hot, blend doors were not common BUT the engine oil cooler WAS, the coolant to the heater core passes through the oil cooler before it goes to the core, so lets see what he heater hose temperature is, you can get a cheap infrared thermometer at the parts store so you can see the actual temp of the heater hoses