K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

We have a 2010 300C and basically love the car. We bought it

Customer Question

We have a 2010 300C and basically love the car. We bought it new after owing a 2006 which we also bought new. We are having the same kind of issue with the interior windows fogging. As a matter of fact on a very cold day recently we were traveling and ended up taking an ice scraper to get the ice off the inside side windows. When set in the "auto mode" this seems to get worse which makes no sense to me. How should the controls be set to alleviate this problem? The AC will not stay on when it is in the auto mode so does one have to set the fan and the "air direction" control to make it work?
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: No but during the summer months the AC will run you out of the car it is so cold so I don't think that is the issue. This has been going on for a couple of years.
JA: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I don't work on it. It has been pretty maintenance free other than so recalls and a few very minor issues. I use the local dealer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 2 months ago.

Hello, set it defrost and the fan speed to medium or low, then the blend to half or so between hot and cold When in defrost although the indicator light may not be on the comperessor is working to dehumidy the air.