Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2007 Cruiser. 112,000 miles. Standard shirt. 2.4 Liter

Customer Question

2007 Cruiser. 112,000 miles. Standard shirt. 2.4 Liter engine -- no turbo. It has started to die while being driven. Sometimes this is preceded by flashing dash lights, and the gauges going dead. So far it has re-started quickly. Sometimes on its own, or I depress the clutch and let it out again while the car is still rolling -- like a push start. Sometimes these events are day apart sometimes several times a day.
.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

If the cluster is flashing and the gauges quit then it sounds like your dealing with a loss of BUS communicatoon and if this is the case you will need a scantool to see what codes are in the cluster, TIPM , and PCM to determine the issues.. Can you scan the modules and post the codes here?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Brad,Does the loss of BUS communication cover the engine quitting?Kevin
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Kevin thanks for the reply!!

Yes a loss of BUS communication will cause the modules not to be able to talk to one another and cause a stall.. Can I get your VIN number to check on any bulletins?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tomorrow. Thanks
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Ok just reply here and I wil see if there are any bulletins..