Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 1994 Chrysler LHS with a car alarm issue. In the

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Chrysler LHS with a car alarm issue. In the past, on occasion, when I inserted the key into the driver side door, the alarm (horn honking) would activate. I learned to walk around the car to the passenger door, insert the key and turn it - and the alarm went off and normal operation of the car was possible.
It was irritating - but it is a 22+ year old car and I accepted the fact that when I locked it, I would have to open it via the passenger door to avoid the alarm.
Well, the other day, when I placed the key in the passenger door and turned it, the alarm activated and has not been disarmed since.
Had to disconnect the battery and have it towed back to my house, where it sits today.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The older vehicle have a disarm switch on the end of the door key cylinder and it known to fail. I would start by removing the drivers door panel and locate the switch and jump it as it's only two wires and see if the alarm disarms. If yes then I would replace the switch, if no then connect a scantool and see what the Body Control Module(BCM) shows for last alarm trigger and disarm status. I have had to replace quite a few BCM's for this issue..

Glad I could help and I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so I get credit for helping. You can still ask follow up questions after the rating..

I hope this helps you and in the future feel free to request me for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Have a great day,

Brad