Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

My daughter has a 2004 Pacifica with 140K. It is an AWD. A

Customer Question

My daughter has a 2004 Pacifica with 140K. It is an AWD.
A while back she said from time to time it seemed like one of the rear wheels was momentarily pushing the car to the left. I told her to get it checked. She didn;t. Now she reports the wheels have taken over, moving the car around, hard to control etc.
I am guessing the AWD has gone exorcist and that this will be an expensive fix. My decision will be to fix or not. The car is essentially worth not much.
What can you tell me please.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jared D replied 19 days ago.

First, check to make sure the tires are all similar in wear levels (and therefore size). If a couple of the tires are more worn than the others, or even more inflated than the others, it can cause the AWD system to be really wacky on this car.

Next, do you have any trouble codes or warning indicators illuminated?