Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified A6,A8,L1 and California Licensed Smog Technician
25319281

I have a 2001 PT Cruiser and my dashboard has two large

Customer Question

I have a 2001 PT Cruiser and my dashboard has two large cracks that have combined into a very large crack across where there is a speaker or air vent right in the center. I noticed other people have the same problem. I feel this is a manufacture defect and Chrysler should replace them free of charge, even if you don't do a recall. It is not right if you don't fix the problem.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't want a membership. I just want my question answered. If by asking my question automatically signs me up I don't want it. You can refund my payment and just not answer my question.
Expert:  Jim replied 1 month ago.

You are not signed up for a membership, you only pay for the question you asked. There are no active recalls for this problem. This problem happens on all dash boards over time. The sun will eventually get to all dash boards and make them start to crack some worse then others. No manufacture will accept responsiblity for sun damage to the vehicle.

Please accept my answer and leave a positive rating before leaving the site.

Expert:  Jim replied 1 month ago.

I am getting ready to leave for the day, do you need further assistance with this question, if not please leave a positive rating so i get credit for my time.

Expert:  Jim replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need help with this question?