sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have an 07 pacifica, having with the hvac system. Very

Customer Question

I have an 07 pacifica , having with the hvac system. Very little air from vents even though the blower is running full speed
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Ed. Welcome to JustAnswer!.

Some - but apparently not all - Pacificas in this model year will be equipped with a cabin compartment filter, located in the right side of the HVAC housing behind the glove box. All air, whether outside or recirculated, will pass through this filter on the way to your vents, so a restriction here can have considerable effect on flow.

Look below on the dash behind the glove box for a slide latch that looks like a flattened dog bone. Sliding it to the left allows the lower portion of the panel to be lowered, where you'll find the air filter element. It pulls straight down.

Retest with the element out, whether it appears restricted or not to evaluate the difference in airflow. The factory recommends replacement at 15K mile intervals.

Ed

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Had the vehicle in my shop this morning, we found several items,
1. The heater core was not fully inserted into it's cavity, the plastic retaining strap was broken, the unit had been replaced in 2010
2. It seems to have better airflow in the ac position
3. Also observed the operation of all three servo units, they all seem functional, mode control and the two blend control units
4. Even with the heater core fully inserted there was very little heat from the unit, checked the temperature of the heater lines, the supply line was very hot, the return line was pretty cool.

When you have one hot and one cool heater supply hose, it shows that whatever heat is passing through the heater core is being extracted. That suggests there's a coolant flow problem but it wouldn't account for low airflow. At this point, you're in a better position to diagnose the system than I am, so I'll opt out of your question.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?