Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I need help on programming my visor garage door opener to

Customer Question

I need help on programming my visor garage door opener to chamberlain 1/2 HP
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2016 Chrysler 200c
JA: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's a 200c
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes myslef
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 18 days ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

There are two different kinds of garage doors, rolling code and non rolling code.. Here is how to program rolling code:

Programming A Rolling Code

For programming garage door openers that were manufactured after 1995:

These garage door openers can be identified by the “LEARN” or “TRAIN” button located where the hanging antenna is attached to the garage door opener. It is NOT the button that is normally used to open and close the door. The name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer.

Training The Garage Door Opener

1 — Door Opener

2 — Training Button

Here is non rolling code:

1. Place the ignition in the ON/RUN position.

2. Place the hand-held transmitter 1 to 3 inches (3 to 8 cm) away from the HomeLink button you wish to program while keeping the HomeLink indicator light in view.

3. Push and hold the HomeLink button you want to program while you push and hold the hand-held transmitter button.

4. Continue to hold both buttons and observe the indicator light. The HomeLink indicator will flash slowly and then rapidly after HomeLink has received the frequency signal from the hand-held transmitter. Release both buttons after the indicator light changes from slow to rapid.

5. At the garage door opener motor (in the garage), locate the “LEARN” or “TRAINING” button. This can usually be found where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the garage door opener/device motor. Firmly push and release the “LEARN” or “TRAINING” button. On some garage door openers/devices there may be a light that blinks when the garage door opener/device is in the LEARN/TRAIN mode.

NOTE: You have 30 seconds in which to initiate the next step after the LEARN button has been pushed.

6. Return to the vehicle and push the programmed HomeLink button twice (holding the button for two seconds each time). If the garage door opener/device activates, programming is complete.

NOTE: If the garage door opener/device does not activate, push the button a third time (for two seconds) to complete the training.

To program the remaining two HomeLink buttons, repeat each step for each remaining button. DO NOT erase the channels.

Programming A Non-Rolling Code

For programming Garage Door Openers manufactured before 1995:

3. Push and hold the Homelink button you want to program while you push and hold the hand-held transmitter button.

4. Continue to hold both buttons and observe the indicator light. The Homelink indicator will flash slowly and then rapidly after HomeLink has received the frequency signal from the hand-held transmitter. Release both buttons after the indicator light changes from slow to rapid.

5. Push and hold the programmed HomeLink button and observe the indicator light.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE 5 Stars before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

• If the indicator light stays on constantly, programming is complete and the garage door/device should activate when the HomeLink button is pushed.

• To program the two remaining HomeLink buttons, repeat each step for each remaining button. DO NOT erase the channels

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I don't have a hand held transmitter
Expert:  Brad replied 18 days ago.

Homelink can't be programmed without a handheld transmitter.. Once you get one then you can program the Homelink..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 18 days ago.
A Refund because you don't have a transmitter?
Expert:  Brad replied 18 days ago.

You asked how to program the Homelink and I provided the answer.. Don't forget to RATE so I get credit for helping..

Expert:  Brad replied 18 days ago.

Are you still here?