Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

It drives good but when you reb up the mother in park to

Customer Question

It drives good but when you reb up the mother in park to 4000 RPM flutters or misses but when you drive it at 4000 RPM it drives fine
JA: What year is your 4000?
Customer: It's a 2000 Chrysler 300M
JA: Are you fixing your 4000 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing but I noticed when you rev up the engine around 4000 RPM it seems to miss run bad but when you drive it it drives fine
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 80000 miles and it's automatic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. What you are experiencing is the Rev limiter kicking in. If the transmission is in park or neutral with no load, and you rev it up to 4,000 RPM, it will do that flutter/misfire thing. This is a normal condition and there is nothing wrong with your 300M. I hope this answers your question and thank you for using just answer!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 17 days ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Please let me know if you did or did not. I can always send it again if needed.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 17 days ago.
Good morning! Just checking back to see if you received my answer from yesterday. Please let me know if you did or did not. I can always send it again. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 13 days ago.
Well not sure where you went, but I will be here for you when you are ready. Chris.