Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

Car alarm went off 4 times in less than half an hour. Last

Customer Question

Car alarm went off 4 times in less than half an hour. Last time mine went off two cars down from mine started the panic horn also. That,was the last time it went off. This morning having breakfast the alarm went off again. What can I do?
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: Yes
JA: What year is your MiniE?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you fixing your MiniE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2 old ladies traveling. Tried using the key, inside look and fob.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Could the anti theft thingy maybe loose?? I think that is it.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you!! I'm 72 years old so need it to be a simple thing for me to do or referral to a mechanic. We are traveling.

Hey how are you

sorry about the issue you having with it

That is the anti theft alarm triggering ,there is several components to it,we have switches on doors,hood ,trunk

module ,receiver transmitter ,, the motion sensor could be to sensitive etc..

Try opening & closing all the doors hood and trunks several times maybe one of the switches are stuck hopefully that will free it up

if we have weak battery it will cause the trigger , the motion sensor could be to sensitive etc..

Unfortunately there is no fuse or relay to deactivate it goes thru the car computer ,so

you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle.
is it the module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it unfortunately

But we can try To manual Reset The whole system maybe that will work until you get it to a shop back home when you done with your trip

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know if that works for you or you need anything else on it

Good luck with it , so sorry again about the issue the alarm sound could be annoying .

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Happy Holidays

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat