Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Parking lights dont come on, headlights work, fuses are not.

Customer Question

Parking lights dont come on, headlights work, fuses are not blown. Headlight switch is good.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: yes all work with hazards, brake lights, turn signals.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 1998 chrysler town and country lxi
JA: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: check all fuses, switched relays, and headlight switch assembley
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the parking lamps and dash board light
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i switched park lamp relay with another relay and its the same.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** will be assisting you today. The BCM in your van controls the parking lights. It may need to be replaced. But it may have just locked up. Try this: disconnect the negative battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnect it. Let me know if the lights will now work. If not, then the BCM may need to be replaced.

Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
tried that, and its the same.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Ok, then if the fuses and park lamp relay are ok, then the park lamp driver circuit inside of the BCM has failed and will need to be replaced. If you want to replace it yourself, let me know and I will send it to you.

Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok, how much?
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

A BCM runs about $175.00 or so, and about 2 hours of labor to replace it. There are some online outfits that may sell you one for a little less, so GOOGLE BCM for your van to see what it will run you.

Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, thankyou very much for the info.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

You are welcome! I hope this information was helpful, and if so would you kindly rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I get no credit unless you do. Note tat I can continue to help you out even after you rate my service.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.
You are welcome! I hope this information was helpful, and if so would you kindly rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I get no credit unless you do. Note tat I can continue to help you out even after you rate my service. Thank you! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hello , just checking back to see if you would please rate my service. I get no credit unless you do. If you cannot , please let me know why so I can provide better service in the future .

Thank you

Chris