Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Locks and headlights inoperable... Keyless entry just clicks

Customer Question

Locks and headlights inoperable... Keyless entry just clicks inside car
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: All fuses and bulbs are good
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, checked headlamp relay, multi-switch relay .. No power to headlamps or locks
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes ... Airbag light is on defeating the power windows and blower motor...
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 5 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

We are only permitted to help address one issue per vehicle per question. Which would you like me to help on and I need the model vehicle?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Didn't you get the details from 'just answer'?2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser. My concerns were listed in my questions as well
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
This issue has been reported many times on Internet with no real clear solution... Surely you have seen or heard about it in your extensive experience. Let's not waste time.. If it is wiring tell me between which terminals and junctions to jump or cut and replace with heavier gauge wiring... I am capable.Headlamps, Parking Lamps, rear illumination along with power locks rendered inoperable by RKE (Keyless Entry)... Lock button inside vehicle renders clicking noises from center of dash. Key fob renders horn chirp and alarm set (no light flash on alarm set) but just clicking from center of dash.Checked ALL FUSES and relays... All are good... Wiring surrounding fuse block and grounds are good. Bulbs are good...Reset RKE (Keyless Entry) and BCM (Body Control Module) reset by Disconnecting battery for 30 minutes and touched negative and positive battery terminals before reconnecting them... No result, no difference.I realize cars age and break down... Whoever designed the circuits on this model was a complete idiot... No headlights because of a perceived module failure? Come on.. Essential systems should be separate.It's just like the seat sensors airbag circuit renders the power windows and ventilation system inoperable... How does one survive that?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok Moosey Boy,I'll expect a specific and detailed answer...

Sorry, for the value of this question and the original concerns and the follow up questions. There are to many questions for the time involved and the value. Opting out to let another take a stab at this.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks for nothing
Expert:  david craig replied 5 days ago.

Hi Im David ill pull a print for you, but behind the interior fuse panel there's a few wires that have been problem children and I remember one time the problem was locks and headlights and it was a wire chaffed behind that fuse panel.