Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I replaced the widow control module on my 2011 jeep liberty.

Customer Question

I replaced the widow control module on my 2011 jeep liberty. the rear window controls work. The front windows and mirror controls do not
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the module because of a very small electrical fire that originated in the driver door of my jeep as I was lowering windows. I disconnected the control immediately, purchased a new one, and the rear windows are the only thing that works
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I looked and found 4 fuses related to the mirror control and front window control. hey appear to be good. This was in the fuse box to the rear of the battery
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 9 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you made sure all wiring is o.k. where the electrical fire had occurred?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It looks to be fine. I caught it immediately.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 days ago.

Was this the drivers door control module that was replaced?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it was
Expert:  Pete replied 9 days ago.

There are 2 fuses to check here.Fuses J04 and J05 located in the integrated control module.This module is located in the engine compartment and fuses listed as sown below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nermxe19j570usq/fus-11-27.gif?dl=0

If these are checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Both j4 and j5 fuses are brand new, just to be sure. Window controls for front windows and rear view mirrors still not working. Might there be a module involved? the wiring doesn't seem to be damaged, but the plug from the wiring harness was charred slightly. I cleaned the char off with a wire brush and x-acto knife. If that end of the plug is the wiring, how will I know?
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

The only other module I see that can be at fault causing this issue here is the Integrated power control module which is where those fuses seat into.This can be a common control module to fail and cause issues like this here.Check and see if these fuses posted above have power across them with the key on.If they do not then this can be the Integrated power control module at fault needing replaced.If they do have power let me know so we can continue.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete