Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

2004, Chrysler seabring crank no start. Timing belt is new

Customer Question

2004, Chrysler seabring crank no start. Timing belt is new and everything is correct on the timing belt I had to use starting fluid and I hear the fuel pump work when you get it to run and then runs for a Split Second and it makes like a knock sound but the lowering of the engine is not damaged
JA: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: 100 miles in belt
JA: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Crank... vehicle over at same time hit fuel pedal fast.. it tries to start but makes knock like sound... nothing like Rod sound or bearing issue... I think can o
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think it's cam... or crank sensor because vehicle tried to run but won't
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 7 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. My name is ***** ***** here to help you. I cannot see or hear your problem so I rely on your input to my questions so I can help you better. First we will have to determine if it's fuel or electrical problem. I see it did start and tried to run with starter fluid? I would like to check the fuel pressure first to eliminate that .

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Spark and fuel pressure is good

What is the fuel pressure reading?