Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician
Experience:  25 years automotive experience all makes and models, Subaru and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

2006 Pacifica Went for a short drive and when I returned

Customer Question

Hi.2006 Pacifica Went for a short drive and when I returned home and parked, there was a reddish fluid spurting out from a hose on the front passenger side. It continued for a couple of minutes then stopped.
JA: Just to clarify, which fluid are you talking about? And what color and consistency is it?
Customer: I am not sure what fluid it actually is, but it did have a slick watery consistency
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet. I was trying to figure out what the fluid was.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats all I have presently
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike V.v replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Expert:  Mike V.v replied 14 days ago.

Is this a large hose or small hose?
Also, up high or down under the car?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It's a small hose and was spraying right from the point where it met a metal connection point. The location is left of the radiator in the very front. Reddish in color.
Expert:  Mike V.v replied 14 days ago.

Ok

It sounds like its sprung a leak on the transmission fluid line. This needs to be repaired before you drive it again or it could damage the transmission. If it's about a 3/8 or 5/16 hose then its the line to the transmission cooler. If it's something you will try to repair yourself the options are getting a new hose from the dealer or removing this one and taking it to a parts store for the same size hose. You need to make sure you let them know what you will use it for so it can handle the ATF.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please be kind and remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V.v replied 13 days ago.

Didn't hear back from you so I was wondering if you needed more help?