Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My airbag light is on and I'm trying to reset it and I keep

Customer Question

My airbag light is on and I'm trying to reset it and I keep getting a code number P 1604. It's a 2003 Sebring convertible with a 2.7 L flex fuel engine can you tell me what that code means
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just had a new engine put in it but the airbag light was on previously before I swap the engine so I think the car is been involved in a previous accident because the bumper doesn't line up properly and that would explain why the air light or the airbag light is on I want to know how to turn it off or reset it I just reset seven codes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just provided you everything you should need
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The P1604 code means P1604-PCM INTERNAL DUAL-PORT RAM READ/WRITE INTEGRITY
FAILURE which means the PCM is bad and will need to be replaced.. It has nothing to do with your airbag light and you will need a scantool to retrieve the codes from the airbag module to determing the issue..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is the PCM stand for and where is it located
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

The PCM is the powertrain control module and it's located beside the air filter..

Have a great day,

Brad