Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Problems with alarm system going off by itself, yes and it

Customer Question

problems with alarm system going off by itself
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: yes and it still does it
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2007 limited
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no had taken it to the dealer was planning to make a appointment to have it checked
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it always happens in the early morning doesn't make any sense why it only goes off then
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Greg replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 12 days ago.

What model is your Chrysler 2007 .

With all doors closed is the door open warning light ON .

Greg

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Car is parked overnight and went off. All doors closed and locked this happens when it sits for a few dat
Expert:  Greg replied 12 days ago.

Okay good thank you this issue is needed to know and now what you have to do is find a shop that has a scan tool DRB III

to check for malfunction codes with in the SKIS system .

Will also show you which sensor set off the alarm, so if for example you have a bad door switch / sensor will let you know which door or trunk and hood sensor ..

You have an intermittent issue , which could also be a motion sensor that detects someone or thing that has rocked the car if yours has this option fitted.

But a diagnostic check will confirm this for you .

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating this issue .
Kind regards Greg

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg replied 9 days ago.

Hi .

Was a slight technical issue with the system .do you still need assistance .or a phone call .

Greg