Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

I have a Chrysler 2007 Aspen with the 5.7 hemi. The engine

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Chrysler 2007 Aspen with the 5.7 hemi. The engine light came on and Midas said code shows a random misfire. They made it sound like it wasn't a big deal. The engine light stays in continuously but last night, it started flashing and felt like car was about ready to die. I kept driving and it seemed ok but engine light would still stay on. It does that every time I start engine and take off.
JA: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?
Customer: no & it starts fine still I did have a new battery and alternator replaced in july
JA: Are you fixing your Aspen yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The oil light came over a week ago but there was oil showing on the dip stick. But I went to Midas and had oil changed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I usually ask guys I know or take it to a shop
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I came across this website when I did a search for Chrysler Aspen random misfire... it showed someone having similar issue & mechanic thought it was the 8 to 4 cylinder shutdown cylinder
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is it safe to drive like this?
Expert:  Robert R replied 14 days ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

It is NOT recommended to drive the vehicle anytime the check engine light is flashing. I HIGHLY recommend to have it looked at asap. Continuing to drive it with a cylinder misfire can cause internal engine damage and may lead to engine failure...Have it checked at a reputable shop asap and if you post any additional codes that come up here, I'll do my best to help.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you! Ok, the guy at Midas made it seem like it wasn't a big deal so I was assuming it was spark plugs or something minor. He did not give me the codes either. I'm going to try to have a mechanic shop look at it in morning.
Expert:  Robert R replied 14 days ago.

Yes, It could actually be spark plugs but something as "Minor" as one or two spark plugs that are not sparking can cause "Major" engine failure if not taken care of promptly...

If you need a second opinion of the mechanic shop diagnosis, let me know, I'll be happy to continue to offer my advice....

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! .

Thank you!

Robert

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
oh wow! Ok, thank you very much!!! I may contact you and let you know what shop tells me tomorrow
Expert:  Robert R replied 14 days ago.

Thanks.

Expert:  Robert R replied 10 days ago.

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >>> My Profile Page <<< in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.