sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2006 chrysler pacifica Fwd 3.5 liter, coolant leak from

Customer Question

2006 chrysler pacifica Fwd 3.5 liter, coolant leak from passenger side,water pump timing belt replaced at goodyear 2months ago, leak occurs only at night while vehicle is cooling down, the timing cover isnt wet, neither is under the crank pulley believe it is the water inlet housing, what is the replacement procedure?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 16 days ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. seems to me good year did a crappy job putting the water outlet pipe back into the back of the waterpump housing. maybe didn't replace the o ring.

here ya go

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Greetings the pics are for the 3.3 and 3.8, the 3.5 is the motor I have sir, it doesnt have an inlet "pipe" just a housing, and I know where it is located, I want a removal replace procedure
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm unable to post material directly from the service information due to copyright but can help as necessary.

It appears you haven't actually located the source of the leak? Before jumping to replacing parts you'd need to know the actual source of the leak.

Are you able to upload a picture of the area where it is leaking?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I found the source after administering a pressure test, then I removed removed the ps pump reservoir mounting bolts to move it out the way, then removed the radiator fan asseembly, then the exhaust manifold , gave me access to the water inlet housing upon removal the gasket crumbled, installed dorman part #(###) ###-####which is the new metal housing and new gasket, put it all back together bled the system, ran up to temperature and checked for leaks, van is leak free now. Thank u for your reply.

I'm glad you got it repaired!