Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2005 chrys pacifica that wants to stall when

Customer Question

i have a 2005 chrys pacifica that wants to stall when driving slow what might the problem be
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 21 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

One of the most common causes for this issue here is carbon build up in the throttle body itself.This carbon build up causes the throttle plate to stick as well as when the throttle plate goes to a closed rest position this can cause air flow issues for idling when slowing down causing the vehicle to want to stall here.

What you can do is to remove the air filter inlet housing tube from the throttle body and take a shop rag or similar and wipe out the throttle body bore and bore plate to clean off the carbon opening the plate by hand to clean the inside as best as possible.Use carburetor or brake cleaner on the rag itself when wiping this out.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete