Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 2005 PT Cruiser GT 2.4 Turbo. Has the standard

Customer Question

Hi
I have a 2005 PT Cruiser GT 2.4 Turbo. Has the standard engine light on with errors relating to HO2 heater circuit sensors. Have replaced the sensors forward and aft of the catylitic convertor......no change there. However the vehicle was still running OK. Started surging just above idle and I could get it going if I opened the throttle full.......bit of a hazzard in traffic. I replaced the throttle position sensor....no change. I replaced the camshaft position sensor.....no change. I replaced the crankshaft position sensor and it performed beautifully for the first four trips.....has started to surge again just above idle. Have you seen thei problem before and any ideas?????????
Cheers Ben
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 23 days ago.

Hi Im David, what are the numbers of the codes you are getting? and why are you replacing parts without confirming they are bad? I dont want you to waste your money.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
P0031 HO2S heater control circuit low bank 1 sensor 1
P0037 HO2S heater control circuit low bank 1 sensor 2
I am in a country where there is no Chrysler servicing facility or even a decent mechanic....I am looking at forums and using sites like this on to try and get solutions. Appreciate your help.

ok. ill be glad to help you figure it all out.

ok, first thing i need you to do is checvk the fuses in the engine compartment. any fuses labeled pcm/ign/inj/batt. if all good we will need to check the wiring from the sensors to the computer.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Awesome....I'll go and have a crack at it....many thanks

sure. keep me posted.

Expert:  david craig replied 21 days ago.

hello?????????

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi Dave. Have been out on fishing charters and haven't had a chance to have a look yet.....have another charter tomorrow and not much time today. Looks like I'll get to it early next week.....will keep you posted.
Cheers Ben

ok my friend