Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

My pt cruiser original key don't work anymore, my son was

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: my pt cruiser original key don't work anymore
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: my son was playing with it
JA: What year is your PT Cruiser?
Customer: and after it start and shut don the car
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i was trying by myselrf
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i try google i already remove the battery terminal for about 10 mns but no success
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 20 days ago.

Hello

if you haven't already then I'd replace the battery in the keyfob as the next step and then resynchronise the key to the car as follows:

1. insert the first valid key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch ON for at least 3 seconds but no longer than 15 seconds. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the first key.
3. Insert the second valid key and turn the ignition switch ON within 15 seconds. After ten seconds a chime will sound and the Theft Alarm Light will begin to flash. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the second key.
4. Insert a blank Sentry Key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch ON within 60 seconds. After 10 seconds a single chime with sound. The Theft Alarm Light will stop flashing, turn on for 3 seconds; then turn off.
The new Sentry Key has been programmed. Repeat this process to program up to a total of 8 keys

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
My main problem is that the first key is not workingThe original one that mean the one i received with the car is not working
Expert:  Matt replied 19 days ago.

Ok

in that case I'm sorry to say that a visit to the dealer will be required as only they hold the correct level of kit to programme a new key into the security system